Warm Homes advice
The Rural Coffee Caravan's WARM HOMES Project is an initiative funded by East Suffolk Council and the Warm Homes Fund, offering free guidance and support to people in rural Suffolk. Their Caravan is bringing the Energy Advice Café to the Riverside Centre on Friday, 22nd November, from 10:00 until noon. A brief notice about it appears on page 10 of October's "Ebb and Flow". You can read more about the event on Parham's useful website here.
"WARM HOMES HEALTHY PEOPLE" COULD BE A LIFESAVER THIS WINTER
Warm homes really can keep people healthy and save lives this winter; now we're in Autumn it's an important time to start preparing for winter, and thinking about how to keep warm. Could you benefit from some help to improve your home's heating or insulation, find a more affordable fuel provider/tariff, or are you struggling to heat your homes due to cost? There is help available for those struggling to heat their homes, including Rural Coffee Caravan Energy Advice Cafés and the Council's Warm Homes Healthy People initiative.
How the Council's Warm Homes Healthy People initiative can help Suffolk residents with:
● Grants for First Time Central Heating
● Boiler or heater stopped working? Warm Homes Healthy People can lend you electric heaters and assess you for financial assistance towards the cost of repairs or replacements
● Do you own or privately rent your property? Warm Homes Healthy People can arrange for an independent surveyor to visit your home and discuss energy efficiency improvements that could make a real difference to your heating bills.
● The project can also access grants to help pay for insulation and basic draught proofing
● In a crisis situation you could be awarded a fuel payment paid directly to your heating supplier or added to a card meter
It can also:
● Offer an emergency fuel payment
● Make your home warmer as well as more energy efficient
● Help with getting your home properly insulated and draught proofed
● Arrange emergency boiler and heating repairs - this is subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria applies
● Loan temporary heaters in an emergency
● Offer cheaper oil prices and access to interest free loans via Eastern Savings and Loans
Please note: If you have substantial savings, any financial assistance may be limited.
You can read much more about the initiative, including where to get help, here
on the Suffolk County Council's website.