Consider the following:
- Gather essential items together either upstairs or in a high place.
- Fill jugs and saucepans with clean water.
- Move your family and pets upstairs, or to a high place with a means of escape.
- Move your car to higher ground.
- Turn off gas, electricity and water supplies when flood water is about to enter your home if safe to do so. DO NOT touch sources of electricity when standing in flood water.
- Keep listening to local radio for updates (BBC Radio Suffolk 95.9 or 103.9 FM) or call Floodline 0345 988 1188 or 0845 988 1188.
- Check in with vulnerable neighbours and relatives.
- If you need help and are unable to contact anyone, hang a tea towel out of an upstairs window that can be seen by passers by.