Police have arrested two people in connection with a series of ram raid incidents at convenience stores across Suffolk.
The arrests relate to five attempted ram raids targeting cash machines occurring between December 2017 and January 2018 at the following locations:
– The Co-op in The Street, Rickinghall, on 5 December
– The Co-op in The Drift, Great Cornard, on 6 December
– The Co-op Village Shop in High Street, Lavenham on 21 December
– McColl’s in High Road, Trimley St Martin, on 8 January
– The Co-operative Food store in High Street, Lavenham, on 9 January
A 29-year-old man and a 25-year-old woman, from the Maldon area of Essex, were both arrested on suspicion of burglary by detectives investigating these offences yesterday, Tuesday 13 February.
They were taken into police custody for questioning and have been released under investigation pending further enquires.
Help us keep our communities safe.
Police advice on a variety of subjects can be accessed via https://www.suffolk.police.uk/advice
To report something, or to otherwise contact Police, use the link http://www.suffolk.police.uk/contact-us
To report something anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Alternatively call 101 for non-urgent matters.
Always call 999 in emergencies, or if an immediate police response is required.
Police Connect Team